New to the parish? Just want to get more connected? Feel like flexing those spiritual muscles? Our Culture and Diversity Council would like to share 10+ things for Newcomers to do at Mission San Luis Rey Parish. Almost every month, there’s a new opportunity. Click on the links for pictures, and watch the parish events page, google calendar or bulletin for the dates!
- Attend a Franciscan Feast Day. They happen throughout the year.
- Go up to someone of a different culture after mass, introduce yourself and start a conversation.
- Attend a Samoan or Filipino Cultural Mass every first Sunday of the month at the 8:00 am mass.
- Help weave palms and crosses with the Hispanic Community for Palm Sunday.
- Attend the Stations of the Cross in Spanish or the Multicultural Stations during Holy Week.
- Participate in the Filipino Flores de Mayo in May.
- Attend Memorial Day Mass.
- Go to the Native American Pow Wow organized by the Luiseno Indians in June.
- Attend the Guamanian Community’s Corpus Christi Celebration in June.
- Participate in the procession and fireworks at the Feast of San Luis Rey in August.
- Attend the Feastday Mass of the Filipino Saint San Lorenzo Ruiz in September.
- Help set up an altar for Dia de Los Muertos in October
- Attend Thanksgiving Mass.
- Participate in the Hispanic festivities for La Virgen de Guadalupe in December.
- Attend the nine days Filipino celebration of Simbang Gabi in December.
- Attend the Hispanic nine days celebration of Las Posadas in December.
We are many parts, but one body.
1 Corinthians 12:12
The intent of the Culture & Diversity Council is to provide opportunities for people from different cultural communities to spend more time together simply getting to know one another. For more information about this ministry, click here for the brochure, or contact Betty Domingo, Ministry Coordinator at 760-525-8032.