The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd helps children as young as age 3 to cultivate deep, lifelong relationships with Christ. Rooted in scripture, liturgy, and the educational principals of Maria Montessori, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd helps them cultivate that loving relationship with God in their most formative years. To view a short video about what the full program looks like in another parish, click here.
Mission San Luis Rey Parish has an atrium and is offering parents a “Praying With Our Children” prayer corner and guidance each week via ZOOM during COVID -19. Parents will be assisted to create and facilitate a prayerful environment at home with younger children. The beauty of this program is that all ages can participate in prayer together.
Parents are our children’s first and most important teachers. Our care for them communicates both our love nad God’s love for them. Our love as we respond to each other in the family and the others shows children our faith in action. But children hunger for more. They need to listen with us to God’s word, pray with us, and participate in worship. Joining together for our latest masses at the parish, and praying together each week offers the Holy Spirit opportunities to “accomplish abundalntly” in us ” far more than all we can ask or imagine.” (Ephesians 3:20).
STEP ONE: To Register for this program, MAKE APPOINTMENT /Paso Uno: Haga una cita
For registrations, an appointment must be made. Para inscripciones, se debe hacer una cita.
STEP TWO: BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
The following items are also needed for every student being registered; incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Registration Form 3 year old to 6 years of age
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Baptism Certificate copy
- Full Payment or Deposit of $20/student
- Signed Photography / Video Consent Form
- Virtual Media Consent Form
- Signed 50/50 Family-Parish Covenant
PASO DOS: LLEVE LO SIGUIENTE CON USTED A SU CITA
Para inscripciones, se debe hacer una cita. Los siguientes artículos también son necesarios para cada estudiante que está siendo registrado; No se aceptarán paquetes incompletos.
- Forma de registro (Kindergarten hasta octavo grado
- Copia de Certificado de Nacimiento
- Copia de Certificado de Bautismo
- Pago completo o depósito de $20/estudiant
- Formulario de consentimiento fotográfico
- Formulario de Consentimiento – Medios Virtuales Para Menores
- 50/50 Convenio Familia-Parroquial