At Mission San Luis Rey Parish, we are blessed to be surrounded by Franciscans. Our Franciscan Brothers of the Order of Friars Minor live right next door to us at the Mission.
They preach, serve the poor and sick, work as priests, pastor us, mentor our children, and walk beside us as equal partners to the suffering and the joyous. When visitors come to the parish, often they remark on the peace that is felt here. The joy. The sense of welcome. The focus on Jesus in the Eucharist. Meeting Christ in each other and the Word.
This gentle focus on living the Gospel of Jesus Christ was inspired by one man, a humble saint from Assisi in Italy who lived a long time ago. His affection for the poor, animals, and creation ring out loudly across the ages, resonating today in our own hearts.
- Join us this Wednesday, September 30th at 6:30 pm for My Church, My Story, an important look at the Latino experience in our church.
- Celebrate St. Francis with your parish family at one of our outdoor parish masses.
- Drop by in your car on Saturday, October 3, between 10 to 1 pm to bless your pet.
- Also, Saturday in the evening at 6:30 pm, celebrate the life and death of St. Francis with a Zoom Transitus prayer service.
- And share with the poor with the Knights Bottle Drive and Baby Shower for mothers in need after all masses this Sunday the 4th.
- Discover more about how to help pregnant and parenting moms in need in our parishes and neighborhoods.
It will be a week of joy you don’t want to miss. See you there!